Friday, November 24, 2006

Black Friday...

Last night was pretty uncomfortable - I wish Sarah and I had done TGiving on our own. We went to Matt and Courtney's but the vibe was way off all night. I couldn't get out of there fast enough! Matt's brother and his wife were pretty weird about folks not drinking and their questioning went on a bit long. Then when out having a cigarrette, talk seemed to focus on wine and drinking. It made me miss wine and the cameraderie of being buzzy and with friends. It was not hard to leave that and think of missing my wedding night and waking up the next day sick and regretful. The days of wine and fun were over for me a long time ago - I have more in common with the homeless guys skulking around my house now.

Today is Black Friday and work will be nutso I am sure. I hope to get to visit with my team a bit and work on my resume. I know Sarah is sad about me not going to Portland in February, but I really need to put my bonus toward the debt. I worry about her sometimes - she expects a vacation every few months. I grew up with vacations about every few years and that seems pretty normal. She may have grown up very lucky. For this reason, I don't crave getting away I guess. We'll have to work that out...

No comments: