Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thursday Morning Coming Down...

Today I feel wonderful :) I am up early, having my coffee and blogging a bit before work. I talked to Joan for a while last night and she is doing well - she got the job she wanted and has been plugging away at that. Now that that holidays are over, I'll be calling her every day just to check in with her - it always makes my day. We'll meet on Sunday as usual and I'll go to the alumni meeting Sunday and see my friends.

I think I'll take Sarah for coffee Saturday so she can work on yoga homework and I can get going on my 4th step. I honestly don't dread it like lots do - I am looking forward to the "purging" of my past. I long to feel clean.

OH and I haven't smoked in over a week! Well - almost ;) I cheated and had one but other than that, none! I feel so peaceful - I can't believe it. There is a lot of research about cigs and recovering alcoholics - some say that they make you crave alcohol more - in my case, I believe it. I had cravings the last few months or so but none since then! A lady at my Saturday meeting went to a smoking cessation conference and was told "you aren't sober until you've quit smoking." I don't really buy that but I know I do feel better - and that's all that really matters :)

The Cowboys play Seattle this week for advancement to the playoffs - I am cooking some burgers (no buns) and grilled veggies for the game. Sarah will read or do something else while eating good food and letting me watch. She rocks!

So off to work in a bit - I hope to do more resumé research today on Monster and get mine started. There are some really promising leads for Portland. I feel good about it.

More later...

No comments: